Friday, October 31, 2008

Founding Member of Creative Words to Spread the Word Is Now With the Lord

I received news that one of the founding members of Creative Words to Spread the Word at Wilshire Avenue Community Church passed on this morning. Her name was Norma, she loved poetry, and before she was part of the group, she also served as my first adult Sunday School teacher even before I had come to Christ after nearly two decades of teenage through post- college years of agnosticism and struggling intellectually with Christ. Norma taught me that being intellectual and being in Christ could indeed go hand in hand, and her belief and support behind me when I began the in-person writing group at the church was instrumental in my getting off the ground. I firmly believe she was brought into my life to make where I am today with my walk and ultimately this ministry possible.

That said, with the local group dwindling for this and other reasons that have called my initial core team elsewhere, I feel strongly on my heart that I am called to evolve this ministry to be one that reaches out to enable others in need of advice. He just called them to be somewhere else, and now it is time for me to do work on my own. Since Wilshire Avenue Community Church is still my home church, I consider it a ministry home base though it reaches a much wider scope. How that will affect my "brochure" lessons going forward since the primary audience won't be local I still have to reflect upon.

I pray and look forward to what He calls me to do next thanks to Norma's influence.

God welcome you into His arms, Norma... a good and faithful servant indeed.

No comments: